About This Blog

My name is Michéle P. Owens and I am a Visual Artist. My studio is based in Olympia Fields, IL (Chicago born and raised--South Side). I love to create in various mediums. Most recently I have been painting with acrylics. I love to create! To start with something so vague and distorted and then to end up with something that explains the vagueness or distortion is more than intriguing to me (more about me and my art later). I started this Blog as an extension of my website (www.michelepowens.com). It serves many purposes: a means of 'exhaling' while I work--to release the crowded thoughts that might interfere with the process of creating art; and as an online avenue for creative and expressive writing.
Let's see what will come from this..
.

Monday, March 31, 2008

New Orleans Art N Culture: Dooky Chase is filled with colorful walls and food!


This is a duplicate (except for the picture) of a post that I wrote for another blog about NOLA...

I was at Dooky Chase on Friday, March 28th and OMG it was beautiful and DELICIOUS! I took pictures and video as Leah Chase and I discussed art, cooking and plans to open for full dining within a month. I am not a NOLA native and this past week was my first visit. It was a wonderful all around experience! The rebuilding in the French Quarters looks good, but it would be even better when other wards are renovated. Until then, Dooky Chase shines among the remnants of communities struggling to be reborn. NOLA stole my heart!

I am willing to share pictures of Dooky Chase remodeled and a current picture of Leah Chase (one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met..reminded me of my dear Big Momma--God rest her soul). Again I say, NOLA stole my heart!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More pictures of Dooky Chase - Rehabbed:





11:00 am to 7 pm Monday through Thursday (as of April 1st, 2008)


ART is EVERYWHERE!


~ AND SO IS SOUL FOOD ~
I had Stewed Chicken, Candied Yams, Green Beans, Macaroni & Cheese and Peach Cobbler...WOW, OMG, DELICIOUS!!!
(These are actual images of my meal, which I devoured on the plane ride home)

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures!! I wish I could go... Can you make that can of food? Looking at that food makes me hungry. Maybe you can bring some to one of our meetings. Hint..hint...

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments proactive. I enjoy reading what others have to say about art. I encourage you to think before you type and post. Profanity, degrading, or otherwise rude or disrespectful comments are NOT welcome.

A Paintings Slideshow