About This Blog

My name is Michéle P. Owens and I am a Visual Artist. My studio is based in Olympia Fields, IL (Chicago born and raised--South Side). I love to create in various mediums. Most recently I have been painting with acrylics. I love to create! To start with something so vague and distorted and then to end up with something that explains the vagueness or distortion is more than intriguing to me (more about me and my art later). I started this Blog as an extension of my website (www.michelepowens.com). It serves many purposes: a means of 'exhaling' while I work--to release the crowded thoughts that might interfere with the process of creating art; and as an online avenue for creative and expressive writing.
Let's see what will come from this..
.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Announcements & Shows for 2008

November 2008
The Love of Art - Annual Fine Art Show (Juried) - Lemont Artists Guild
16028 W 127th St, Lemont, IL

October 2008
Fall Into the Arts - Fine Arts Festival (Juried) - Art Catering By Jenn
1312 N. Park St., on the Eckley Quad of Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, IL

Winter Solstice (Gallery Exhibition – Group) - Tall Grass Arts Association
Downtown Main Street, Park Forest, IL

September 2008
Park Forest 53rd Annual Art Fair (Juried) - Tall Grass Arts Association
Downtown Main Street, Park Forest, IL

July 2008
Geneva Arts Fair (Juried) - Geneva Chamber of Commerce & Geneva Arts Council
S. Third Street, Geneva, IL

Orland Park Arts Festival (Juried) - EM Events LLC & The Village of Orland Park
Orland Park Crossing, Orland Park, IL

June 2008
Annual Gallery Artists Exhibition (Gallery Exhibition – Group) - Tall Grass Arts Association
327 Artist Walk, Park Forest, IL

27th Annual Homewood Fine Art Fair (Juried) - Homewood Chamber of Commerce
Richard D. Irwin Park, Homewood, IL

March 2008
Annual Beaux Arts Ball: Tell Me a Story (Art Auction) - Tall Grass Arts Association
Idlewild Country Club, Flossmoor, IL

February 2008
Taste of Bamboo Blue (Scholarship Fundraiser) - William Simpson Scholarship Foundation
18147 Harwood Avenue, Homewood, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments proactive. I enjoy reading what others have to say about art. I encourage you to think before you type and post. Profanity, degrading, or otherwise rude or disrespectful comments are NOT welcome.

A Paintings Slideshow